2014-0130 – godly counsel 1




Decisions...                  
Decisions...
                    Decisions...


What should I do???
When we are born again, and we become Christians, many of our daily decisions can seem like we are at war.  We are at odds with Satan, and the world, and the things of the world.  Sometimes, it is hard for us as Christians to know exactly how to behave. 

We want to fit in with our co-workers and our neighbors, we want to keep up with the Joneses, and we want people to like us.  There is a war going on inside us.  We know that we are to live different from the world, but we have to live in the world, and sometimes it’s so hard to be the one that’s different.

Proverbs 20:18 (KJV) – Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.

There are times in every life when we realize we have more questions than answers.  And, when I get to that point the best thing I can do is head for The Lord!  He is my God, my Lord, my Creator, and my Savior; and he has all the answers I’ve ever needed.

I haven’t always been quick to look to The Lord for my answers.  Too often, I’ve looked at what the world has to say on a subject to help me make decisions.  I usually look to books or the internet for advice; I call and write my friends to get their perspectives on situations; but sometimes I fail to talk to The Creator God (pray) or read His instruction book (my King James Bible) for the answers I need.

Please, don’t get me wrong, it is not wrong to look at things from many points of view; it is always a good idea to research things and have enough information to make an intelligent decision; but, many times, I’ve started and stopped at the worldly advice I get from people who do not love The Lord.  The problem in this is that I am a Christian, and the world’s advice doesn’t generally line up with what God would have me do.

Reformers Unanimous {click here}, a wonderful Christ Centered Recovery Program, sets out 10 principles for Christians to live by.  Principle 6 says “Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.”  That is quite sobering for me!  And, so convicting!  I have a secular counselor, and I’ve often looked toward worldly advisors, and I’ve always accepted that they had my best interest at heart; but, could that possibly be true?

I have some deep soul-searching to do and I would appreciate your prayers in this matter.  I believe it may be time for me to let go of the world and hold on tight to The Lord.

Psalm 33:11 (KJV) – The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

My prayer for today...  Dear Lord, Thank you for loving me and protecting me during times of internal warfare.  Help me Lord to remember that you are my strength, my rock, and my expectation.  Help me to let go of worldly counsel and to seek counsel from those that love You and that will help me serve You.

Comments

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0119 - the harvest

2014-0102 - encouragement