NOW

Written by Carisa Stahl

For several years in a row my daughter Amy has chosen a word for the year. This year her word is, "Choose". Mary chose, "Constancy". I had no intention or desire to choose a word for the year. Back in January I was online and saw a news video clip where teachers had chosen a word for the school year. Their word choice was written on their hand and held up to the camera. The word NOW popped out at me and I felt that the Lord was prompting me to choose that as my word so I looked up definitions for the word, "now", chose the chorus from a Patch The Pirate Song, and chose a Bible verse and made a poster. NOW is not necessarily my word for the year, I am thinking it may be my word for the rest of my life.

Nine years ago I had health problems that put me in bed for a few months- barely able to even get up to the bathroom. Life was a struggle. Not feeling well is a good excuse for not accomplishing things. I still don't feel totally up to par health wise but I am realizing that I cannot let how I feel physically affect most of the things that I need to accomplish. 

About the time that I chose the word NOW I had a list of over 50 things that needed to be accomplished most of which can only be done by me. Most of them should be done NOW. I've accomplished a few but have many more to go and since then more things have been added to the list.

"How we live our days, of course, is how we live our lives."
Annie Dillard

I found the above quote last week which made me stop and think. If I am living my days by being a procrastinator and putting things off then that is how I am living my whole  life. That can lead to a lot of frustration because by not accomplishing necessary things as they come along I am only adding them to a continually growing TO DO list.
If you would like a PDF copy of my NOW poster (the fonts are varied sizes) please email me at  thriftyanyhour@gmail.com with NOW in the subject line. 

My name is Carisa Stahl, mom of 6 which range in age from almost 15 to 32. No grandkids of our own so we've adopted 5 "grandkids" which range in age from 1- 9 years old.  I used to be a member of CBC where Mary is still a member.








  





Comments

  1. Wonderful Post! Thank you for sharing! I have a problem with procrastination too! I love the quote! It will help me put my procrastination into perspective and it will force me to rethink the way I spend my time!

    Your sister in Christ,

    Mary ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope this post was a blessing to you and that you found something to help you in your daily walk with Christ. Would you please take a moment and share something that makes your home run more smoothly and aids you in your Walk with Christ? MarySmiles ;-)

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0102 - encouragement

2014-0103 - lists1 - i like lists