Showers of Blessing

Showers of Blessing - Heavy Rain - Courtesy:  http://openclipart.org/detail/172573/rain-heavy-by-mi_brami-172573
Showers of Blessing
Ezekiel 34:26 (KJV) – And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.


I was tempted to complain about the rain this morning.  I say tempted because God quickly reminded me that, even in this rain, I have plenty to be thankful for. 

Check out some of the reasons I am grateful for the rain on my blog!  I am grateful for the rain because...


I am grateful for the rain because...
  • It wasn’t snow or ice...  I’m very grateful for that!
  • It will nourish the crops and we will have good food to eat.
  • We are not in one of the many areas around the globe that are suffering from deadly drought conditions.
  • We have plenty of water and we don’t need to ration our usage.
  • The rain cleans the crud off the streets.
  • It makes a neat sound on the top of the car while you’re driving to work!


Sometimes I overlook the little blessings.  But, I've realized that if I don’t look for the little blessings, I will miss the larger blessings that God has in store for me too.

I challenge you today to find contentment in whatever God brings your way today.  And, take a moment to share some of the little blessings that God shows you in the comment section below...


My Prayer for Today...  Thank you, Lord, for the rain and for the reminders of the many blessings that the rain brings.  Help me my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to stay grateful for the little things and to be contented with all that you’ve provided.  I especially want to thank you today for my salvation; and Dear Lord please help me to be a good testimony today so that others can see your love through me.  Give me opportunities to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those I meet today.

Comments

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0119 - the harvest

2014-0102 - encouragement