God uses broken, sinful, people to accomplish great things!

http://biblepic.com/41/galatians_6-10.htm#.VKW2UivF_ng
Dear God, Use Me!



Galations 6:10 - As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

I know I am not everything God intends me to be; I may never be ALL that He wants me to be.  But, abiding in His grace, love, and mercy, each day that I wake up gives me an opportunity to get closer to living as He desires.

Satan always attacks in those areas where I am weakest.  Follow through is NOT one of my strong points.  I am great at starting projects but not so great at finishing them.  I am quickly engaged, easily distracted, and sometimes lose focus.

When I started this blog, almost a year ago, it was my intention to sit down and write every single day.  I started out with great enthusiasm, I was motivated to tell MY story, I was on fire for God, and I was on fire for Life.  I wanted to share that with everyone I knew.

Sadly, I let people and circumstances alter my focus.  Instead of keeping my focus on God, His ability to control every aspect of my life, and His ability to supply ALL my needs, ALL the time, I felt sorry for myself and slipped into depression.

Satan placed some obstacles in my path this year.  Things happened that were utterly beyond my control and the entire situation really upset me.  You see, I live with the illusion that I am in control of my life, what a lie!

My husband lost his job, I lost my job, and I really started beating myself up over this turn of events.  I felt sorry for myself.  I doubted my ability.  I questioned everything.  I believed I was junk.  I couldn’t see any good thing that I could give to God or to others! 

Satan uses people and circumstances to tempt and discourage us.  Then he whispers in our ears, see...  You are no good!  God doesn’t love you!  God wouldn’t use someone like you!  Satan urges us to remember our sins, to magnify them, to dwell upon them, and to use them as an excuse to do nothing.  But, Jesus says DON'T YOU BELIEVE SATAN’S LIE.  We DO love you, and we CAN use you, so get up and dust yourself off and DO SOMETHING.
  
Last night some young men at our church preached at our New Year’s Eve, Watch Night, Service.  Their sermons really opened my eyes, softened my heart, and humbled me.

Am I so prideful that I discounted God's ability to use me for good?  Who am I to challenge God?  Do I let stubbornness and pride stop me from serving God, and others, because I have magnified my sins and believed them too big for God to forgive?  Hard questions, worthy of consideration!

I started this blog as a means of Honoring God; I wanted to encourage people by sharing my story and telling them about the changes that God has wrought in my life.  How could I share that with others when I lost grasp of it myself?

God is my Heavenly Father, and He loves me so much that He sent His only begotten Son - Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - to die on the cross to save me from my sins.  And for yours too!

I am so thankful that our God is a God of fresh starts.  Every morning that I wake up God has given me a brand new day, a chance to start over, an opportunity to glorify Him for all that He is, and to be grateful for all that He makes me when I am with Him.

My Prayer for Today...   Dear Lord, Please forgive my pride.  Help me remember that you use broken, sinful, people to accomplish great things every day.  And, finally, Lord use me to your glory and honor! 

Comments

  1. Mary,

    God has used you to bless my life! Even New Year's morning answering the phone and hearing you sing, "Happy New Year to you...." Thanks for being my friend.

    Carisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hope this post was a blessing to you and that you found something to help you in your daily walk with Christ. Would you please take a moment and share something that makes your home run more smoothly and aids you in your Walk with Christ? MarySmiles ;-)

The Top Three!

2014-0119 - the harvest

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0102 - encouragement