2014-0206 - dollars and sense

Make Every Dollar
Count for Christ
Tonight after work I picked up a friend, we had dinner together, and headed off to Staples.  We picked up a couple of really great bargains.  We picked up a shrink-wrapped package containing five reams of multipurpose paper for $2.00 after rebates and coupons.  We got a free HP Two Smiles Card Kit free with the purchase of ink cartridges I needed to buy anyway, and that same purchase of ink made my friend eligible for $4.00 rebates on each of five ink cartridges that would have normally only netted her $2.00 each.

So, the savings added up to $23.99 on the multipurpose paper, $9.99 on the card kit, and an extra $10.00 in rebates for the used ink cartridges.  We enjoyed a grand total of $43.98 in savings and rebates.  Lot’s have companies have made it more difficult for us to use coupons; but, if you watch for the sales and the rebates coupons do work!  And, we had a good time of fellowship, picked up a few things we needed at home, and we racked up a tidy little savings.

We also found some Martha Stewart Home Office stickers on sale at very deep discounts.  My friend is an avid paper-crafter she was very excited to find these items at bargain prices.  I got caught up in her enthusiasm and jumped on the bandwagon too and got a pack of stickers.  I am sure she saved at least $15.00 on the things she purchased.  We had a lot of fun!

I could learn a lot about bargain shopping from my friend.  Her family has adopted bargain shopping, and couponing, as a way of life.  They so good at bargain shopping, and couponing, that they are now able to share their finds and use them to minister to others.  They live frugally, and give generously; they are wonderfully gifted at sharing with others.

1Timothy 6:10 (KJV) – For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The love of money (over the love of God) has caused many of us to go astray and has caused me to do evil things in order to obtain money.  I have to admit that I haven’t always been wise when it comes to money, or the ways I’ve pursued what I considered wealth.  I am grateful to have new friends who are good examples to me and who are willing to teach me how to use the resources God has given me in a way that will please Him.

God wants us to be good stewards of the resources He has given us.  My friends are excellent stewards of the resources that God has given them and they are wonderful examples of using their resources to minister to and to serve others.  When I grow up (haha) I want to be like them!

Luke 12:42 (KJV) – And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

My Prayer for Today…   Dear Lord, Thank you for bringing people into my life that will help me serve you!  Thank you for their friendship and for their willingness to share their resources with others.

Comments

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0119 - the harvest

2014-0102 - encouragement