Sunshine and Raindrops - A Matter of Perspective

http://openclipart.org/image/800px/svg_to_png/170680/sun_rain.png
Sunshine or Raindrops
A Matter of Perspective
Matthew 5: 45 - (KJV) - That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Do we ever get tired of talking about the weather?  One person loves it, another hates it, and one person just doesn’t have an opinion.  God gave me some inspiration in today's weather.  

Please join me to see what God shared today...


Today was the most unusual drive to work.  In the east the sun was shining bright and it was just beautiful.  But, it was raining on my route.  The sun shining in the east and the raindrops falling on my car at the same time reminds me that God is indeed Many Splendored!  

It was perfect rainbow weather (although, I thought it best to keep my eyes on the road rather than to look for rainbows, haha).  I did decide that I could look for spiritual rainbows while driving.

We can always find a way to praise the Lord for whatever circumstance we find ourselves in if we just try.  If we look at our own circumstances – as though we are the center of the universe – we will find reasons to be discontent.  But, if we look at Christ first and consider the circumstances of others – trying hard to really understand all they may be going through – we can find plenty to be grateful for.  Look deep, because outward appearances may be deceiving.  People are good at hiding what they may really be feeling; but, if you take a moment to consider all they are dealing with you may see some of their daily struggles.

It is definitely a choice to live with an attitude of gratitude.  I’m not saying it’s easy.  We are human and we tend to the things of the natural man. The natural man inside me wants more, more, more (even though I don’t always use – and sometimes can’t even find - what God has already gifted me with).  It is only through submission to Christ, and comparing ourselves to Him, that we can attain to gratitude.

Our Lord, Jesus Christ, died on the cross to save us from an eternity in hell.  He has given me new life, and with His help, I can learn to be content with those things I have.  Jesus asks us to turn our lives over to him daily and look for real J-O-Y.  Real JOY comes from serving Jesus, by serving Others, and by taking proper care of You.

Sometimes, we just need some encouragement.  When you see the needs of others do you see an opportunity to serve our Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ?  It’s all a matter of how we look at things.  Like sunshine and raindrops! 

Today’s Challenge...   Would you share something in the comment section below that you’ve done recently for Jesus-Others-You?  Need some examples? 

  • Jesus:  We gave a gospel tract to our waitress last night after dinner with our tip.
  • Others:  I came in to work cheerful and friendly with a big smile and a nice greeting for my coworkers and the patients in the waiting room.
  • You (Or, in my case Me):  I was suffering yesterday so I ate a sensible dinner, went home to bed, and got plenty of rest so I could be productive and useful at work today.


My Prayer for Today...   Dear Lord, Thank you for sunshine and for raindrops!  Thank you for this lesson in gratitude!  Help me Lord to find opportunities to serve You by serving others today.  And, help me take proper care of me so I have the strength and energy to act on the opportunities you provide.  In Jesus Name, and for His sake, I pray.  Amen.

Comments

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0119 - the harvest

2014-0102 - encouragement