2014-0115 - facing the fear

It has been a long day; but a really really good day!  Yes, I am tired; but it’s that good kind of tired that happens when you’ve done the right thing, the right way, for the right reason.  It doesn’t happen every day; but today feels like a success!

A couple of years ago I was in a bad car accident, and I have had some major fear when driving at night, especially when it is raining.  Well, it is winter on the east coast, and it rains quite a bit, so I’ve been skipping a lot of night time activities, including church services.  Just getting back and forth to work has been a challenge since the time change!

You could say that I have let fear and anxiety drive me into my home.  Fear reminds me that I am vulnerable and keeps me from doing the things I want to do.  Tonight, with lots of help from God, and some encouragement from a friend, I was able to face my fears and get to church.

This week I deliberately made plans get to Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting and Bible Study.  I need those church services to grow in the Lord and to help me in my daily living.  Sometimes, I leave the house with the best intentions; but, when I start getting tired or anxious I find myself headed for home and my electric blanket!  Hahaha!

Tonight I met a friend for dinner, and sat with her at church, she is such an encouragement to me.  She reminded me that God has a purpose for my life, that He expects me to be an encouragement to others, and that I cannot fulfill that purpose if I am not present at services.

Fear has side-tracked me and kept me from living the abundant life God wants for me.  Intellectually, I know fear is not of God as it keeps me from doing His will in my life.  Satan loves it when he can keep Christians fearful; it makes us less effective.  Fear damages our testimony and makes those watching us question the power and benevolence of the one true and living God.

Fear keeps the focus on “ME”, keeps me feeling sorry for myself, and prevents me from reaching out to others, and fear keeps me intolerably lonely.  It is time to face the fear!  With God’s help maybe I can take my life back one night-time outing at a time!  It really is better to be driving though the dark, in a storm, with God than to be hiding at home all by myself!

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

My prayer for today...  Dear Lord,   Thank you for today; I am very grateful that you helped me get to church for Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting and Bible Study.  Give me the courage to face the fear, so I don’t have excuses to hide at home.  Help me to be a good testimony to your kindness, protection, goodness, and mercy!


Comments

The Top Three!

2014-0119 - the harvest

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0102 - encouragement