2014-0131 - godly counsel 2

If someone doesn’t love, honor, or respect my belief in, and dependence upon, the one and only true God, the Maker and Creator of the universe can I expect him or her to guide me in the direction I should go?  No!  I don’t think so.  Therefore, I have some important decisions to make for my life.

Exodus Chapter 20   (Paraphrased)
The Bible speaks directly to many situations we encounter every day; consider The Ten Commandments, they are pretty specific.  And, in those instances where the Bible doesn’t speak directly to a specific situation, it provides the right principles and guidelines for our Christian walk.  But, we must read the Bible, meditate upon it, and figure out how to apply it to our daily lives.

Do you have a problem that is bothering you today?  May I recommend that you stop, and pray, and ask God to help you find the answer to your question?  Then listen for His answer!  Sometimes we stop at telling God the problem; but we don’t stop to listen for His advice.  He will answer us if we listen for Him.  Sometimes we have to wait for an answer; do not rush into anything if He doesn’t get back to you within 15 seconds.  Your problem didn’t arise in seconds; it won't be solved in seconds!  Give God time to lead you where He wants you to go.

Read your Bible, and seek the counsel of godly men and women.  Seek those that love The Lord and they will help you serve The Lord.  They will help you make the godly decision, even if that decision is to wait.

Psalm 62:5-8 (KJV) – My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.  Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us.  Selah.

My prayer for today...  Dear Lord, Thank you for The Bible – Your instruction book for daily living.  Help me remember to turn to you for the answers I need, please keep my heart and my mind open to Your advice, and protect me from those influences that would persuade me from serving you.  Help me Lord to listen for Your voice and remind me to lean upon You for strength.  And, thank you Lord for sending Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins so I can go to heaven.

Comments

The Top Three!

7 Ways To Make the Money Last - The Envelope System

2014-0119 - the harvest

2014-0102 - encouragement